In general, we recommend following our feeding guidelines and wait to switch to adult food when your dog reaches an empty field with its current weight and age.
In some specific cases, you may wonder whether puppies can also eat food for adult dogs, for example in the case of certain allergies or intolerances.
🚫 When not to feed adult food to a puppy:
- if your dog is a medium or large breed
- if your dog is a small breed and has a growth sprint*
- if your dog is a Welsh Corgi or French Bulldog
✅ When considering to feed adult food to a puppy:
- if your dog is a small breed and doesn't have a growth sprint*
* Wondering if your dog has growth sprint?
Please reach out to our Customer Happiness Team by sending an email to email@example.com with the following information of your dog:
- Weight (mention if ideal weight, overweight or underweight)
- If breed is unknown: expected weight or parents weight